Who should try this experience?
Have you always wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater? If you want to try Scuba diving or see if it’s for you, the PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience is a good choice. Family Fun Scuba & Snorkel and Missoula Scuba & Snorkel offers these program either in a pool, off a beach or from a dive boat. While not a Scuba certification course, the PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience is a quick and easy introduction to what it’s like to explore the underwater world, is a lot of fun and tells you if you’d like to get certified.
To sign up for a PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience, you must be at least 10 years old. No prior experience with Scuba Diving is necessary, but you need to be in reasonable physical health.
What will you learn?
You learn the basic safety guidelines and skills needed to dive under the direct supervision of the FFS&S PADI Professionals. If you make an open water dive, you’ll practice a few more skills in shallow water to prepare for your adventure. Get ready to:
- Be introduced to Scuba equipment used to dive and how easy it is to move around underwater with your gear.
- Find out what it’s like to breathe effortlessly underwater.
- Learn key skills that you’ll use during every Scuba dive.
- Have fun swimming around and exploring with your instructor.
- When finished, we will speak to you about considering becoming a certified diver through the PADI Open Water Diver class.
How can you start learning now?
Contact Family Fun Scuba & Snorkel to sign up for the PADI Discover Scuba Diving or SSI Try Scuba experience and get a Discover Scuba Diving Participant Guide. Your Participant Guide explains the experience and lets you pre-study the safety rules and skill techniques your dive professional will review with you. You’ll also learn about opportunities to become part of the scuba community after you complete your first underwater journey.
What Scuba gear will you need and use?
FFS&S and MS&S will provide all the necessary Scuba gear you’ll use including a mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, buoyancy control device, dive gauges, weights and a tank.
The Next Step
Breathing underwater for the first time is thrilling, so don’t wait.
- Sign up for a Discover Scuba Diving experience at Family Fun Scuba and Snorkel (1841 Grand Ave. Billings, MT) or Missoula Scuba & Snorkel (500N. Higgins Ave. Ste 103 Billings, MT)
- Download the PADI Discover Scuba® Diving Participant Statement (pdf)
- Enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver class if you enjoyed the Discover Scuba Dive experience with us!