Where: Cozumel, Mexico
When: September 9-16, 2023 (7 Days)
Staying at: Allegro Cozumel All Inclusive Beach Resort
Diver Package Rates
Double Occupancy: $1,500 pp/do (two persons per room)
does not include flight cost
Double Occupancy: $1,060 non-diver (with a diver)
does not include flight cost
Scuba and Snorkeling:
- Two boat dives daily, with 4 daily boat departure times
- Discounted gear rentals from MS&S
- All classes taught on trip 10% off
- Drift Diver certification is 15% off
- All gear purchases for those going on the trip for the trip is 15% off
All Inclusive Services:
- Unlimited meals and snacks including breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Unlimited beverages including alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks (also includes wine with dinner)
- Non-motorized water sports: kayaking, sailing snorkeling equipment, boogie boarding, and windsurfing
- Full open bar, three restaurants, three bars and one nightclub
- Menu-style dining (reservations required)
- Three pools – one for relaxation, one activity pool and one pool for the kids
- Chaise lounges and towel service for pool/beach
- Fitness room and sauna
- Two illuminated tennis courts
- Giant chess board
- Kids club, with supervised activities (ages 4-12)
- Daily entertainment and activities program
- Nightly shows and entertainment
- Sports: volleyball, beach soccer, ping pong, darts, billiards, tennis & basketball
- Scuba classes at pool
- All gratuities included (unless you wish to give more)
- PADI instructor and gear tech on every dive
This secluded scuba resort, unlike so many “box-resorts”, sits about 9 miles from the main downtown area. The lack of the hustle and bustle is yet another breath of fresh air to better enjoy your stay. On the other hand, if you wish to go downtown, there are busses and cabs that can take you on a short ride to shops, restaurants and sports bars and nightlife!
GOOD TO KNOW
Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the date you plan to return home from your trip
It is your responsibility to review and meet the vaccination requirements and visa/immigration requirements for the countries you’re visiting
Dive accident insurance (to include medical evacuation) is mandatory for everyone who dives: it’s your responsibility to have adequate coverage in place and to bring your certificate as proof. Speak to our staff for information. DAN is what we use, but the choice of insurer, is up to you.
Your proof of certification and logbook will be checked during check-in at the dive center to clarify level and experience: it is your responsibility to ensure you bring these with you and your diving could be at risk if you do not bring these.
Please remember it’s your responsibility to ensure you are fit to dive and meet the medical standards outlined by PADI.
Dive times can change or be cancelled due to unavoidable local weather conditions and it is your responsibility to check in with your dive center after you arrive to confirm the timing of your dives: late check-in could lead to missed dives.
If you choose to change a dive time (for instance from Morning dives to afternoon dives) and don’t give the dive shop 24 hour notice, you have a strong chance of loosing your potential to change without additional cost.
Your package price does not include surcharges for national parks, marine park, Harbor fees, fuel fees, night dives, special trip supplements or dive gear beyond tanks, weights and weight belt unless indicated otherwise.
Supplements, government taxes, marine park fees, fuel surcharges, harbor fees, rental equipment and other upgrades are subject to change at very short notice, driven by local conditions, extreme weather, changes to government policy, operator decisions, oil prices etc.
We STRONGLY recommend you buy travel and trip cancellation insurance (to include storm coverage where appropriate). This isn’t through the airlines, but rather through an entity like DAN. Speak to our staff for information.
It is your responsibility to ensure you comply with the latest Covid-19 measures requested and/or required by the authorities in your home location, in the locations you intend to travel to and any locations you will visit in transit. PADI Travel cannot be held responsible for losses incurred due to your non-compliance with these measures.
Travelers are responsible to be aware of Covid travel guidelines, local rules, and procedures for the country they are travelling to and to maintain up to date knowledge of any changes regarding entry requirements or local guidelines.
A pool checkout dive is mandatory through us if it has been more than a year without diving and formal PADI ReActivate after more than 2 years (additional cost). Therefore, arrange this well before you go on the trip.